Re-Engineered and Better Than Ever
Sure, it's still easy to operate, still ready to conquer any terrain and still built to last. But the new V-Ride™ II's exceptional results, even greater stability, and unmatched comfort leave no doubt: It's a whole new ballgame.
The V-Ride II is an ultra-compact, agile, comfortable and stable stand-on mowing machine. It combines the speed and comfort of a rider with the space-saving convenience of a walk-behind mower.
Despite its compact size, the V-Ride II boasts many full-sized features like dual hydraulic pump dual wheel motor drive system, coil-suspension platform, and a heavy-duty steel mainframe. Pair a powerful Briggs Vanguard EFI, Kawasaki FX, or Kohler EFI commercial-grade engine with a 32" or 36" Advantage™ or a 48", 52" or 61" Velocity Plus™ deck and you have an ideal combination of agility, power, and performance.
This is truly the ultimate stand-on mower with excellent handling, stability, and quality. No cut corners, no compromise, nothing but top quality construction and unmatched performance. Don't take our word for it. Contact your local Scag dealer for a demonstration today and experience the Scag difference for yourself. Check out our social media page and our testimonials page to see what real Scag customers are saying about their Scag mowers.
- Available in several model configurations to fit a wide range of professional lawn maintenance needs. Compact size allows more units to fit on a single trailer.
- Up to 10.5 MPH, forward speeds (on 48", 52" & 61" models) and up to 5 MPH reverse speeds keep productivity at a maximum. Up to 8.5 mph forward on 36" model.
- 32" or 36" Advantage or 48", 52" or 61" Velocity Plus™ Cutter Deck deliver an immaculate quality-of-cut. Three-year limited warranty on the cutter decks.
- Spacious operator platform with coil suspension delivers a smooth ride and reduces operator fatigue.
- The wide operator platform is made from heavy gauge steel with an extruded star pattern for no-slip footing. The platform is wide and unobstructed.
- Scag tough main frame construction delivers solid strength and ensures years of trouble-free service. The mainframe was designed for strength and longevity.
- Ogura GT 3.5, 250 ft.lbs. (61" V-Ride) or GT 2.5, 150 ft.lbs. (32", 36", 48", 52" V-Ride) PTO clutch brake engages and stops the cutter blades smoothly and safely. An adjustable air gap ensures long component life.
- Convenient, the full-featured instrument panel has Tiger Eye: Advanced On-Board Monitoring System, ignition key, PTO switch, throttle and choke. The fuel gauge is located on top of the fuel tank, right next to the instrument panel for easy viewing.
- Extra-large Operator Comfort Cushion allows for comfortable operation, hour after hour. The cushion is removable without a tool for easy access to the hydraulic and engine compartment.
- Large diameter, padded steering control levers are very comfortable and easy on your hands. The hand force required to control the V-Ride II is minimal and the lever action is extremely smooth.
- Heavy-duty blade drive spindles provide reliable performance season after season. The Scag spindle is more than tough enough to handle the high horsepower and torque requirements of this mower. Three-year limited warranty on the spindles.
- Dual 12cc hydraulic pumps and dual 14ci cast iron, high-torque wheel motors provide smooth, positive and reliable power to the drive wheels (48", 52" & 61"). 10cc hydraulic pump and 12ci wheel motors (32" and 36") Pressure relief valves in the pumps protect the system from internal pressure spikes and add to pump life.
- 8 gallon (48", 52" & 61"), 6.75 gallon (36") or 5 gallon (32") fuel tank keeps you in the field cutting grass. Fuel tank features a fuel level gauge and an extra-large, angled filler neck for easy filling.
- The interlocked parking brake prevents the mower from being driven with the brake on, stopping premature brake wear.
- Auxiliary canister air filter system is standard equipment on all V-Ride II mowers with Kawasaki FX engines. This provides extended service intervals and longer engine life.
- Easily adjust cutting heights with the convenient, easy to lift hand lever. Wide range of adjustment from 1-1/2" to 4-1/2" in 1/4" increments. Auto-lock in transport position with a simple thumb release.
- Deck leveling adjustment brackets at all four corners of the deck allow for easy in-the-field deck leveling and pitch adjustment.
- Tri-Plate cutter deck top is incredibly strong. .485" deck top thickness from three separate layers of steel (7ga., 10ga, and 11ga.)
- "Split-Steel" pulleys are used on load carrying areas like the cutter deck spindles and pump drive systems. Split steel pulleys are stronger than cast iron or stamped pulley designs. Our pulleys are strong for long life and lightweight for reduced inertia and decreased wear on the cutter deck drive system.
- No plastic pulleys - Some [other brands] actually use plastic pulleys on their mowers. Not Scag. All Scag pulleys are made from metal. Plastic is for toys.
- Tapered locking hubs are used on spindle shafts and pump input shafts for easy pulley removal and service for years to come.
- High-quality bearings and bearing debris guards on idler pulleys ensure long, reliable service.
- Self-adjusting belt systems effortlessly keep belts in constant adjustment for maximum life and minimum maintenance.
- Tapered roller bearings are utilized in the front caster wheel axles and caster yoke pivots for durability and reduced maintenance.
- Extra-large drive tires ensure better traction, less turf tearing and easy curb climbing. Drive tires are 4-ply for added durability. 24x12-12 (61"), 24x9.5-12 (48" & 52"), 20x8-10 (36") or 20x6.5-10 (32").
- Flat-Free front caster tires eliminate the downtime associated with flat tires caused by debris, thorns, etc. 12x6.5-6 (61"), 13x5-6 (48" & 52"), or 11x4-5 (32" & 36").
- Four tie-down points are built-in on the front and rear of the mower (2 front, 2 rear) for fast and convenient loading and unloading on trailers.
- Custom-Cut Baffle allows you to customize the cutter deck to your individual cutting conditions.
- Simple, easy to service, neutral and tracking linkages. It's the same design that we use on other Scag riding mowers. No cable systems or complicated bracketing. Straightforward designs with proven reliability.
- User-friendly mower design allows access to the engine and filters, for easy maintenance. Engine oil drain hose included.
- Solid hillside stability due to a low center-of-gravity, large tires and a wide stance.
- Marbin cutter blades stay sharp longer for reduced maintenance.
- High-quality electrical components such as switches, wiring and harness looms are used throughout the Scag mower line for dependable service.
- Rear louvers on the rear panel allow for increased airflow and cooling for the hydraulic pump drive system. The rear panel is removable for easy maintenance.
- A sealed fuse holder keeps the elements out to help prevent corrosion and electrical issues.
- Fuel tank shut-off and fuel gauge are located on top of the tank, near the instrument panel for easy access and viewing.
- The Scag "Simply the Best" commercial warranty stands behind you and your mower for years of profitable service.
- Actual ground speed may vary. Specifications subject to change without notice or obligation.
Length: 65.25", 65.25", 67.50", 69.50", 72.75"
Tracking Width: 32", 36", 48", 48", 48"
Width (chute down): 43", 47.75", 61.25", 65.25", 73.50"
Width (chute in transport position): 33.75", 37.25", 49.75", 53.75", 62.75"
Height: 47", 47", 47.25", 47.25", 47.25"
Weight: 818 lbs., 832 lbs., 1015 lbs., 1005-1031 lbs., 1127-1145 lbs.
GC-VRII 2-Bag Fabric Grass Catcher: 7-bushel capacity and a 6" discharge tube, this is a serious debris catching system. High-performance, all-steel blower.
Fabric Bag Grass Catcher GC-F4: The Scag Fabric Bag Grass Catcher features a 4-cubic-foot capacity and is lightweight for easy dumping.
Hurricane Plus Mulching System: Complete mulching systems with individual chambers for the best possible mulching performance.
Mulch Plate: Discharge opening block-off plates for 48" & 52" Cutter Decks.
LED Light Kit: 2,800 lumens LED light kit is easy to mount and provides a bright white light.
Tiger Eye: Air Filter Monitor: Plugs into your wire harness and Tiger Eye to monitor and keep a constant real-time "eye" on the status of your machine's air filter. On select models.
OCDC: Operator Controlled Discharge Chute allows you to quickly and easily block off the discharge chute while mowing. (not available on 36" model)
Blade Buddy: Slide the Blade Buddy over the end of your cutter blades during blade changes to keep the blade from turning.
Cutter Blades: Scag offers a number of unique cutter blades to tackle any job or condition.
Chrome Wheel Covers: 12" chrome wheel covers will add 2MPH to your Scag mower....ok, maybe not. But they look awesome! (not available on 36" model)