Now there is a Scag mower that is perfect for the homeowner.
The Scag Liberty Z ® is specifically designed for the homeowner that wants a high-quality mower but does not need a large, commercial-grade unit. Now, there is no need to take a step down and buy a big box, throw away mower. Now, you can buy something that will last, and perform at a very high level.
The Liberty Z is designed, manufactured and assembled Scag tough, just like every other Scag product. It has a strong, fully fabricated (bent and welded, not stamped) cutter deck that is designed to last a long time, and deliver a beautiful cut. There are self-adjusting belts and sealed bearings throughout the mower to minimize maintenance.
Cover some serious grass with ground speeds up to 7mph and a large capacity fuel tank. The tube steel mainframe and a heavy-duty steel bumper give the mower incredible strength and durability. An extra-large footplate makes getting on and off the Liberty Z a snap, and changing cutting heights can be done right from the seat. A powerful, yet smooth drive system combined with a Kawasaki FR Series or Kohler 7000 Series (61" model) engine delivers plenty of power, even in tall, wet grass. Fast, easy, simple, reliable.
The contoured, padded seat fits like a glove and is very comfortable. The LIberty Z is so comfortable and fun to drive, you may just find yourself looking for more grass to cut!
Contact your local Scag dealer today and see for yourself how the Scag Liberty Z stands in a class by itself, above the competition.
- Up to 7 MPH, forward speeds and 5 MPH reverse speeds keep productivity at a maximum.
- 36", 48", 52" or 61" fully fabricated cutter decks are tough and deliver the beautiful cut that Scag mowers are known for.
- Kawasaki FR Series or Kohler 7000 Series engines are ultra-powerful with excellent torque output feature a larger oil, air, and fuel filter. 4 cycle gas, forced air-cooled, OHV, twin cylinder, vertical shaft engine with a fully pressurized oil system.
- The heavy-duty hydraulic drive system includes dual Hydro-gear ZT2800 transaxles (36", 48" & 52" models) or ZT3100 (61" models) for reliable, Zero Turn maneuverability. Cooling fans on the transaxles add to the long-life. All metal gears and charge pumps for reliability and increased performance.
- 5.5-gallon fuel capacity (single tank) lets you cut longer between fill-ups. (3.5-gallon fuel capacity on 36" models)
- Heavy-duty, aluminum, sealed ball bearing blade drive spindles provide reliable performance season after season.
- Tubular steel main frame delivers unmatched strength and longevity.
- Open, easily accessible engine compartment makes maintenance easy and provides ample cooling for the V-twin engine. Engine oil drain and air filter are within easy reach.
- Large 20" drive tires and 11" caster tires deliver a nice ride and excellent traction.
- The full-featured instrument panel features ignition switch, throttle control. choke control, PTO deck engagement switch and a digital hour meter with built-in maintenance reminders.
- The Ogura PTO Clutch Brake delivers big starting and stopping torque to the cutter deck. Adjustable airgap ensures long component life
- An interlocked parking brake system prevents the mower from being driven with the brake on, avoiding premature wear.
- Large diameter, padded steering levers make driving the Liberty Z a breeze. Total control, at your fingertips.
- High-strength steel cutter blades stay sharp longer for a better looking cut and reduced maintenance.
- Easily adjust cutting heights from the seat with the convenient, easy to lift, foot pedal. Wide range of adjustment from 1-1/2" to 4-1/2 " in 1/4" increments.
- Cupholder keeps beverage within easy reach and is standard equipment.
- Deck leveling adjustment brackets allow for easy deck leveling adjustment.
- Highly flexible discharge chute will not dent and is easy on the landscape.
- No plastic pulleys - Some [other brands] actually use plastic pulleys on their mowers. Not Scag. All Scag pulleys are made from metal. Plastic is for toys.
- High-quality bearings and bearing debris guard on idler pulleys ensure long, reliable service.
- Spring-loaded idler arms effortlessly keep belts in constant adjustment for maximum life and minimum maintenance.
- Excellent stability due to an exceptionally low center-of-gravity and extra-wide stance.
- The Scag "Simply the Best" warranty stands behind you and your mower for years of service. 5-years or 750 hours (whichever comes first)
- High-quality electrical components such as switches, wiring and harness looms are used throughout the Scag mower line for trouble-free service.
- There are many, time saving, accessories for the Liberty Z like the Tiger Striper lawn striping kit, 2 bag grass catchers, halogen light kits and more.
- Actual ground speed may vary. Specifications subject to change without notice or obligation.
Length: 68", 67.4", 67.4", 73.5"
Width (chute down): 48.0", 60.5", 64.5", 73.5"
Width (chute in transport position): 37", 49", 53", 62"
Weight: 555 lbs., 612 lbs., 646 lbs., 695 lbs.
Fabric 2-Bag Catcher: 7-bushel capacity and an 8" discharge tube, this is a serious debris catching system.
Adjustable Armrests: Simple bolt-on armrests are foam padded and adjustable (with tool) for increased comfort. (Not "Blackout" models)
Tiger Striper: Spring-loaded lawn striper. Create beautiful lawn patterns to set your work apart.
Mulch Plate: Discharge opening block-off plates for 48" & 52" Cutter Decks.
Hurricane Mulching System: Complete mulching systems with individual chambers for the best possible mulching performance.
Halogen Light Kit: Two super bright halogen lights deliver 38 watts each for a total of 76 watts of lighting power. All required wiring and brackets included.
Trailer Hitch: Use your Scag mower to tow attachments or a cart to haul debris. 250 lb. limit. Not available for 36" models
Blade Buddy: Slide the Blade Buddy over the end of your cutter blades during blade changes to keep the blade from turning.
Chrome Wheel Covers: 8" chrome wheel covers (48" & 52") will add 2MPH to your Scag mower....ok, maybe not. But they look awesome!
Cutter Blades: Scag offers a number of unique cutter blades to tackle any job or condition.